About “A Possible Gospel”
IN BRIEF: (Details are in the first several posts following this one.)
1. Concept: A) This site is definitely not marked “For Christians Only.” B) Applying terms like “gospel” and “testament” to something written today raises questions for anyone, such as:
Q: Do you have a Messiah complex?
A: No – you’ll notice nobody’s writing a gospel about me.
Q: Do you have a prophet complex?
A: I can’t predict the future. But I’m pretty sure the earth is getting warmer.
Q: Do you think your writing is inspired?
A/Qs: What do you mean by “inspired?” Do you mean the way that scripture is inspired?
2. Content: Things we’ll take a look at include:
1. What do we mean by “God?” Whether or not you believe in God, what is it that people are trying to talk about with that word?
2. What is love?
3. What is faith?
4. What is scripture?
5. Are the Gospels and The New Testament uniformly inspired, or are some parts a lot better than others?
6. What is a “loaded question?”
Since #5 was a loaded question, yes, I’ll be trying to sort the wheat from the chaff. Some of you will want to lend a hand. Others will go, “Hey! Hey! It’s all wheat!”
Basically, the Possible Gospel half of this blog is like reading the gospels (along with the letters of
Whatever your point of view on religious and spiritual matters happens to be, it’s welcome here. I do ask that people express themselves in words that are respectful of others’ outlooks and feelings.